- received Bachelor of Science [Arch] and Bachelor of Architecture First Class Honors from the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia;
Master of Architecture with Distinction from Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- taught architecture at the University of Cincinnati (Assistant Professor), Carnegie Mellon University (the T. David Fitz-Gibbons Chair in Architecture), University of Texas at Arlington, and the University of Texas at Austin (Visiting Professor, 2012).
- founded Rusli Associates in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
>> design principal, Alcoa Corporate Center (1994-1998), a corporate headquarters of a US Fortune 500 company.
- the Alcoa Corporate Center was awarded The 1999 Business Week / Architectural Record Award and The 1999 American Institute of Architects (AIA) Pittsburgh Chapter Architectural Award
- completed prior to LEED rating system, the building is a Green Building Alliance's Case Study of Sustainable Design.
- at Payette Associates Inc., Boston, Massachusetts (2000-2005)
>> lead designer of several state-of-the-art biomedical research laboratories for prominent medical schools including Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore (370,000 sf) and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in Oakland (330,000 sf)
- BST3 in Pittsburgh was awarded the 2006 Honor Award by The American Institute of Architects (AIA) Pittsburgh; the 2007 Merit Award for Design Excellence, The American Institute of Architects (AIA) New England; a Merit Award for Design by Boston Society of Architects 1997; and The Lab of The Year Special Mention, R&D Magazine 1997.
- BRB at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine was awarded a Citation for Design by Boston Society of Architects 1997.
- at ElkusManfredi Architects, Boston, Massachusetts (2006-2008)
>> senior designer of various commercial projects including a Master Plan of large-scale, ten city blocks mixed-use urban development in Miami Park West, Florida.
- Director of Design, Perkins + Will, Dallas, Texas (2009-2012)
>> authored a series of educational and civic buildings: K12 schools (including the Zan Holmes Middle School in Oakcliff TX and Dallas International School in Richardson TX), community centers (Bekley Saner and Little Elm), fire-station (Dallas Fire Station No. 50), as well as award winning proposals for commercial offices, higher-education facilities and P+W Dallas' specialty: healthcare and senior living facilities, from small clinic, regional hospital/medical center, to high-rise MOB.
- Director of Design, PageSoutherlandPage, Dallas, Texas (2012-2014)
>> authored the USPI Baylor Surgical Hospital Forth Worth; Veteran Affairs Hospital Clinical Expansion in Reno, Nevada and Birmingham, Alabama; and Parkland Hospital Logistics Building, Dallas.
As the Design Director, Agus oversaw the design work in the Dallas office and managed the design group.
- Associate Principal, Laguarda Low, Dallas, Texas (2014-2015)
>> worked and traveled across China on various medium-to-large scale mixed-use projects (retail, office, hotel, service apartment, residential) and cultural district master plans; from design, marketing visits, to formal presentations to owners, committees, and expert panels.
- Vice Principal, ZD Shenzhen, China (2015-current)